I missed out on doing a New Years Blog wrap up like everyone else in the world – so I thought I would look into the future and find the coolest calendars that are Made in Canada. Let’s be honest, you have probably been to the local bookstore, seen all the generic puppy calendars at 50% off – why not treat yourself this year and support someone in your community? Start this year off on a good foot – buy “local”, buy “handmade”. Here are 10 of my favourites!
1. 2014 Mountain Calendar (Blue Mist) – Made by Pamlostracco – Made in Toronto
I love the graduated colour and the fact that this looks more like art than a calendar.
2. 2014 Desk or Wall Calendar (mini animals) -Made by MadeWithClayAndLove – Made in Terrenceville, Newfoundland
I really liked the concept of this little calendar – the person creates little clay figures, then photographs them and turns them into calendar pages. How cute!
3. 2014 Parks and Rec Calendar – Made by paperchat – Made in Toronto
I have never seen the show in reference, although many of my friends love it – this little calendar made me laugh out loud. It is perfect when you need a little pick me up!
4. Wanderlust 2014 Calendar – Made by EyePoertyPhotography – Made in Montreal
I love dreaming about my next adventure – this calendar give the perfect inspiration. It would also serve double duty as beautifully framed photographs after the year is over.
5. Colourful Letterpress Desktop Calendar – Made by LetterpressShoppe – Made in Toronto
A perfect size for you desk – this little calendar is just stunning! Every month is a new colour.
6. 2014 Calendar – Printed on Watercolour Paper – Made by BarbaraOchman – Made in Ottawa
Talk about talent – these are all hand illustrated pictures turned into one beautiful calendar – I would definitely frame these when the months are over.
7. Perpetual Mechanical Calendar and Pen Set – Made by SandrasCornerStore – Made in Sudbury
8. StarWars Calendar – Made by BluesNotes – Made in Ottawa
9. 2014 Hand printed Calendar – Made by FlakesPaperie – Made in Ontario
I really love the work by this studio – I discovered Flakes Paperie at the one of a kind show several years ago – and relate to all of her work.
10. 2014 Calendar – Made by Bookhu – Made in Toronto
This is made by a popular textile studio up the street from where I work. I like the traditional botanicals.